How To Get 100% Of The Full Market Value For Your Home Guaranteed
“… you need to be aware of agents who set the list price on homes at unrealistically high levels simply to get listings…”
Why It Is So Important That Your Home Is Correctly Priced And Marketed Properly?
While many agents may promise to sell your home for the money you want, the reality of the real estate market today is that this simply doesn’t always happen. The fact of the matter is, the majority of homes sell for a price which falls well short of what sellers may have been lead to believe.
There are two factors at play here. On the one hand, you need to be aware of the agents who set the list price on homes at unrealistically high levels simply to get listings. This is really unfair because it can set sellers up for disappointment and failure.
On the other hand, you have homes that are priced correctly, but are marketed ineffectively. Without a proper marketing program in place to ensure a home is exposed to the highest number of qualified buyers, many home sellers sometimes feel forced to accept a lower offer.
There’s nothing worse to a home seller than to have their home sit unsold for many months because of improper pricing and/or marketing techniques. Needless to say, either of these two situations is highly frustrating to any home seller. But more than that, it can be financially crushing if you’re counting on the full proceeds of the sale of your home to fulfill some other obligation.
To prevent this scenario when selling your home, here are some points to consider before choosing the broker you want to represent you.
Deciding Upon A Broker
A good broker knows the market and has information on past sales, current listings, a marketing plan, and will provide their background and references. Therefore, evaluate each candidate on the basis of their experience and qualifications.
Are they pricing your home correctly?
Home prices are determined by the marketplace not by your emotional attachment or by what you “feel” your home is worth. You should work closely with an agent who will suggest establishing a realistic price based on the “facts.” In this current market the list price should be re-evaluated on a monthly basis, this will help you to objectively compare the price, features and condition of all similar homes in both your neighborhood and similar ones which have sold in recent months. It is also important to be familiar with the terms of each potential sale. Terms are often as important as price in today’s market.
Do they set themselves apart from the others by offering innovative marketing plans to sell your home fast and for top dollar?
Will they set up an aggressive marketing program to ensure your home is exposed to hundreds of qualified buyers? How much time and money does this agent spend in marketing the homes he/she lists versus other agents? In what media do they advertise, (newspaper, magazine, TV, etc.). Do they use a 24 hour hotline, “For Sale” signs, lock boxes, a tour of homes program, etc.. What does this agent know about the effectiveness of one medium over the other?
Are they accountable to you?
In other words when they promise to sell your home for the price you mutually agree upon, do they offer you a guarantee (in writing) that you will get this amount of money for your home?
YOUR HOME SOLD FOR 100% OF FULL MARKET VALUE GUARANTEED
An innovative program that we offer actually guarantees, in writing, that you will receive 100% of the mutually agreed upon price for your home before you list.
Here’s How It Works!
When you list your home with us and we offer the 100% Full Market Guarantee program here’s what happens:
1. We will review the Full Market Value Guarantee program with you and explain the details.
2. We will then ensure that an aggressive marketing program is put in place to ensure your home is exposed to hundreds of qualified buyers.
3. We will also review what is required on your part to have your home in “showcase” condition in order to maximize the showing of your home to prospective buyers.
4. These are not just empty promises, we will put our money where our mouths are. The guarantee will be in writing. If your home sale does not net the price that was promised, we will pay you the difference out of our own pockets.
Full Market Value Guarantee Certificate
This is to certify that, upon the successful sale of your property by Team Weurding Realty during the contract period specified below, if this property is not sold for a minimum price of (your agreed upon price here), Team Weurding Realty will reduce their commission to make up the difference between the lower sales price and the price noted above up to a maximum of the agents portion of the commission due to Team Weurding Realty as a result of this sale, subject to the terms and conditions laid out in this agreement.
The terms and conditions shall include the following:
1. The seller shall agree to list the property for not less than 180 days.
2. The seller shall agree to pay a 6% commission with 3% to each side.
3. The list price is set within 2% of a mutually agreed market value price determined on the basis of market conditions and comparables and then re-evaluated on a monthly basis.
4. The seller must counter all offers below the mutually agreed upon sales price.
5. The property shall be maintained in a “showcase” condition and made available for showings during reasonable hours.
6. Seller shall agree to the use of a secured lockbox.
7. Seller will step outside or vacate the home during all showings.
8. The successful sale of the stated property must occur prior to the expiration of the listing agreement.